So today I experimented with a “home remedy” project for dry skin/eczema. It went well, I think. I haven’t really tested it on anyone else but me, yet. Anyway, I like it and it works for me.
So here is how it is made:
- Oatmeal (plain)
- Olive oil
- Coconut oil/milk (Preferably oil)
- Grape oil (optional)
- Pinch of sugar (optional)
- Grind/blend up the oatmeal dry as much as possible in a blender or processor
- Mix in the oils ’til you get a consistency you like
- Add the flour so that the mixture thickens to a lotion-like consistency
- Mix in a pinch of sugar (or as much as you would like), that way the lotion smells better
Okay, I know that it looks nasty, but it works!
- Rub in circles on the dry areas of your skin
- Make sure that you rub in as much oatmeal as possible
- Rinse of the oatmeal and excess mix
- Pat dry